Little Sprout

Early 70s.  Every recipe blog has a beginning, and that is when the seed for this one germinated.  In those days of yore, sharing a recipe meant hand-writing a list of ingredients and instructions on a vegetable-laden recipe card that more often than not said, "From the kitchen of...".  At my house, those words were followed by my mom's name printed in different ink and a different font.  Gotta love Mom for supporting my desire to sell catalog items for prizes when I was young.  As a result, she always had an assortment of these personalized recipe cards.

So, there I was... the first-born and the girl my grandma never had.  So much of my childhood was spent helping Mom and Grandma in their kitchens.  Here I am baking pies in 1974 (three years old), and somewhere in the family photo albums is a picture of me making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on the kitchen floor.  If it ever surfaces, you can count on it showing up here, too.



I don't require a stool to reach the counter anymore, and I've long since moved my sandwich-making operations off the floor.  My love for kitchen creativity and sharing the subsequent spoils of my labor remain, however.  Thus, the seed continues to grow and sprouts a blog in 2010.

Enjoy!
Kimmers

Comments

  1. Kimba, this is fabulous! Can't wait to read and eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all of the help I can get in the kitchen.....looking forward to some new treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy about your site! Seems we all get stuck in making the same things over and over! Great way to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stories and great photos, I can almost smell it cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!
    Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful recipes, photos, and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled that you all are enjoying my blog! Nothing motivates me more than your encouraging words of support. Thank you, friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment