Filled Cupcakes


~ Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow ~
Through some unseemly behavior, all the fines, a kicker transplant, and a notoriously bad season of referee calls... our Steelers are in the Super Bowl tonight!  As a friend recently surmised, "Ben Roethlisberger is one win away from being a good person."  HotDog and I got a big chuckle out of that one!

To celebrate, I wanted to make a Black and Gold food.  This kinda stumped me, and then I had what I'll call a creative stroke of genius.  Here's the irresistible happy ending:

Filled Cupcakes
1 box chocolate cake mix and ingredients to prepare as directed
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (~ 1 cup)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Prepare cake mix according to directions on the box.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, salt, sugar, and egg.  This is where the creativity went wild, and I added a few drops of yellow food coloring (Destination: Steeler Super Bowl Party).  I know.  Somebody stop me.
Stir in the chocolate chips.

Using cupcake liners in your muffin pan, drop 2 Tablespoons of the cake mix into each or until about 1/2 full.  Then drop 1 Tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of each, making each almost 3/4 full.
Bake 25-30 minutes.

No frosting required!  The only things I would change are possibly doubling the cream cheese mixture next time and investing in enough cupcake liners so I can use all yellow ones.


Makes about 30 cupcakes.

Enjoy!

For a printer-friendly version without photos, click here.

Comments

  1. Very nice, Betty Crocker!!!! I believe she was actually a Steelers fan! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment